You’ve probably been wondering what the hype about compression wear is all about.
Initially prescribed by doctors to reduce swelling and bruising following injury or surgery, compression clothes are now becoming increasingly synonymous with athletes as well as bodybuilders.
So what’s all the hype about compression wear? What benefits do they offer? Should you wear them during training or exercise? Well, of course, you should! When researchers discovered that compression wear enhanced muscle recovery and performance in athletes, they figured that anyone who engages in any sort of exercise could immensely benefit from these awesome compression clothes.
In this article, you will learn more about compression wear- the different types of compression wear and how wearing them can benefit you.
What are Compression Clothes?
Compression garments are pieces of clothing that are made from a blend of spandex and nylon and are designed to fit tightly around your skin. The garments are also engineered to be stretchy while maintaining a specific structure. They conform well to the body and are super comfortable to wear.
Medically, compression garments are prescribed by doctors to provide additional support for people with poor circulation, those who have to stand for long periods, and to reduce swelling and bruising following injuries or surgery.
Compression garments are available in varying degrees of compression.
Some high degree compression clothes can provide up to 20-30 mmHg or higher of compression. However, these require a doctor’s prescription, especially if they are to be used for medical issues.
The Different Types of Compression Wear
There are different types of compression wear. If you’re looking for the best gym wear for men, there are all sorts of garments to choose from. Besides gym wear, you can as well find all sorts of costumes from your favorite movies and more.
Likewise, if you are looking for the best gym wear for women or ladies’ costumes, there are plenty of options to choose from.
Let’s have a look at the different types of compression wear:
- Compression Shirts: Compression shirts are designed to provide exceptional support to your shoulders, arms, and core. They offer a comfortable fit while providing excellent muscle recovery. They are basically designed to offer an ultimate range of motion both in the gym and in the field.
- Compression Shorts and Tights: Compression shorts and tights are form-fitting clothes that are commonly worn by athletes and fitness fanatics and cover an athlete’s waist to mid or up to lower thigh. They exert pressure to your butt and thighs and have been found to enhance athletic performance and prevent injury. Many athletes have confessed to preferring compression shorts over jockstraps due to their comparable function and comfort as well as less embarrassing looks.
- Compression Sleeves: There are various types of compression sleeves including ankle sleeves, knee sleeves, wrist sleeves, and elbow sleeves. They are designed to provide targeted compression and help prevent strain on your muscles.
- Compression Socks/Stockings: Compression socks/stockings are used by athletes and in the gym due to their ability to quicken muscle recovery, provide support to your leg muscles, and enhance your performance. They help increase circulation, reduce swelling, and reduce muscle fatigue and soreness. Medically, compression socks are used to prevent and treat varicose and spider veins.
- Compression Leggings: Women compression leggings are designed to provide excellent support to your legs, knees, thighs, and core during workouts. They also enhance muscle recovery for extended exercise duration by boosting circulation and hastening the removal of lactic acid from your muscles.
- Compression Costumes: If you’ve always desired to have a little fun by altering your ego and to become your favorite coming hero, there is no better way to do so than wear Superhero Compression clothes. Whether you’re looking to become Spiderman, Superman, or Captain America, there are all sorts of compression costumes designed for both men and women.
- Compression Tank Tops: Compression Tank Tops are designed to provide an optimum range of motion specifically to your upper limbs when working out. They are made to provide full support to your shoulders, arms, chest, and core. Compression tank tops also enhance performance, control, and improve body core power as they increase circulation in the body, allowing for more energy to be delivered to the muscles.
What are the Benefits of Compression Clothes?
There are numerous benefits of wearing compression clothes. They include:
- Enhanced muscle strength recovery after a strenuous workout
- Reduced muscle fatigue
- Reduced muscle soreness
- Better muscle oxygenation
- Better jumping ability and increased power
- Reduced risk of muscle strain by keeping muscles warm
- Increased endurance
- Enhanced overall performance
- Joint stabilization
- Temperature adjustment
- Natural sweat-wicking ability
- Offer excellent flexibility for better movement freedom during workouts
- Lightweight and super comfortable
- Excellent groin support
Compression clothes are designed to make your performance in the field/gym better, help you recover faster after strenuous workouts, and provide you with unmatched comfort- something that traditional gym clothes cannot offer.
If you’ve been looking for good gym clothes to make your workouts more intense, unrestricted and more comfortable, then compression clothes will help you achieve just that!
Also read: Testofuel test booster >>